My unique background integrates my work as a cultural anthropologist and community organizer, social entrepreneur and administrator, counselor, teacher, and one involved in national and international campaigns. This wealth of experience has allowed me to understand the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors from the ground up.
Such experiences have been invaluable in shaping EverGreene Consulting. My academic and professional careers have been especially involved with human health and social services, behavioral health, community development, ecological concerns and animal protection (see Expertise). Several of these projects incorporated elements of the performing and visual arts. My pioneering work in Animals & Culture Studies informs animal related consulting work offered under A Wing & A Prayer.
- Developed Family Spirals®.
- Founded the Green Pet-Burial Society, with coverage by NPR, Atlantic Magazine, E Magazine, BBC America, MNN, CNN, Miami Herald, NYT, and other media outlets.
- Developed hybrid programs that assess the priority populations’ relationships with various segments of society.
- Differentiated high-risk situations and environmental contexts from an individual’s behaviors in developing HIV prevention programs (most other programs only focused on an individual’s behaviors at the time).
- Contextualized domestic violence as an HIV risk factor (this approach was adopted by NYC Health Department as well as other service programs).
- Researched how transgendered populations navigate everyday life in NYC.
- Framed environmental protection as a unifying strategy for coexistence and reconciliation among conflicting populations.
- Pioneered academic field of Animals and Culture Studies (see A Wing & A Prayer).
Family dynamics, animality, semiotics, the body in public/private space, representations of nature, religion, bullying, and home-based violence.
Interested in working with EverGreene Consulting? Contact me with your skills and interests.